Thursday, January 27, 2011

Two things

I forgot to write in my last post that watching the movie was part of the 1-c requirement of the learning outcomes. I will also be going to the showing of Hamlet tonight in another effort to fulfill 1-c.

Also as promised I have decided what the continuous theme of my blog is going to be. As I read, watch and participate in class I find myself asking with increasing frequency, what was this like in Shakespeare's time. So for my topic of discussion I am going to do the research. I have a list of things that I am going to look into and when possible compare to modern times or modern representations and the great mans work. I have not started this yet however this week end I am going  to.

Here is the list I have developed thus far: womens place in society, clothing, education, meals, soldiers (one thought along with this is, was fighting compulsory), officers, calvary, stances on plundering and pillaging, theater audiences (the structure), criminal punishment. This is just a quick list I am still working on more ideas. 

I will try to get started on this this weekend!