Monday, March 28, 2011

Executive Decision Regarding The Class Skyeping To Do A Dramatic Reading Of Shakespeare

First off I would like to apologize to all of you who are interested in participating in the dramatic reading of a Shakespeare play via Skype. I am sorry for slacking this past week. However, I am back in the game and this is still a go!


I would like to thank Whitney for all of her help in finding out how to do a production where people could individually call in and then we could put them all together as one clip, like Eric Whitacre. However, at this point in the semester I do not have time to learn the new technology and arrange individual conversations with everyone, but I think this can be a positive thing. This way the project with be efficient for everyone and during the scene everyone can build off each other as we can have a lot more fun.

As to what scene we should do I have a few ideas.  I should preface this by saying that I think we should do the final scene of a play. The reasoning behind this being that if we are fabulous and we don’t leave the audience wanting more, and two, because I think we could have more fun with them.

As to that play I have looked through some of the plays and found a few with concluding scenes that I personally think would be fun to do and that have enough characters but I have not read all of the plays so if you have ideas through them out there. First, I really like The Tempest and I think the final scene could be fun to do. Another of my favorites is Hamlet and that is a conclusion that we could either make serious or fun (depending on the sound effects that accompany death). Another fun one is Much Ado About Nothing and as it is a comedy it could be a blast, especially if Benedick and Beatrice are done well (in other words not by me)!

Professor Burton said that we can talk about this in class in the morning, so if you have had the chance to read this think about what you would like to do and we will talk then!