Monday, March 28, 2011

To Be or Not To Be Was Never The Question: A Thesis Statement For A Research Blog

As I have said before I discussing in this blog my personal belief that Shakespeare was an optimist. I have already outlined my agenda in my post beginning Whats the Plan Stan, but after listening to class discussion I have come to realize that I did not have a thesis. . . .until now. Before I state my thesis I would like to invite critique of it and any advice you might feel could be beneficial or that might make the blog more interesting. So with out further ado . . . my thesis:



  • Shakespeare’s life and career though riddled with trials, tribulations and struggle was so successful             because he was an optimist. This fact is demonstrated in the way he lived his life (see my post on Poe and Shakespeare), his copious amount of works, his success, and in the works themselves. 

I realize that this is a simple thesis but feel that it can develop further as I continues my research.