Thursday, February 24, 2011

Insult Me Again!

               So about once every two moths I go on a MLIA binge and read it for a few hours over a few day span. This week I happens to be the week. While on this morning I found the following references to Shakespeare:



  •  "Today instead of reading Romeo and Juliet in English like the other classes did, my teacher had us come up with our own Shakespearean insults and yell them as loud and insultingly as we could to another person in the room. Not only was it great that I didn't have to spend my class reading but I got the satisfaction of calling my teacher a sassy lilly-livered canker-blossom." MLIA

  • "Today, I was drinking tea from my favorite mug that has Shakespearean insults on it. When I was done and had put it in the sink to wash it, I turned it upside down and saw that on the bottom of the mug, it said: 'Best if used from other end.' I knew it was my favorite mug for a reason." MLIA

               The first one got me wondering about Shakespeare insults so . . . I Googled it. This is what I found: http://www.pangloss.com/seidel/Shaker/index.html? . It is a Shakespeare insult generator that is genius! Check it out for a laugh!